Saturday 21 March 2020

One out of Four


Of the four countries, the politics of which I regularly follow, Israel, Great Britain, Germany and the USA, only Germany has a head of the executive branch, who is believable and trustworthy. Trump is not only a notorious liar, he is also incapable of handling difficult issues. So there is no hope there. Unlike Trump, party-boy Boris Johnson is intellectually capable of understanding complicated problems, but he lacks the stamina for anything beyond PR. Netanyahu has both intelligence and stamina, but his interests lie elsewhere: his only aim is to stay out of jail. 

I raise my glass to Angela Merkel!

2 comments:

  1. Fully agree: I raise my glass to Angela Merkel as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich freue mich über Ihre schönen spitzen und treffenden Bemerkungen über die Politiker dieser Welt (und erhebe gerne mit Ihnen das Glas auf Angela Merkel!).

    ReplyDelete