Saturday 21 March 2020

If they don’t have pasta, let them eat ...





Empty Frankfurt Airport

The first thing I did, coming back from Germany a few days ago, was to go the supermarket and get some food. There, I was able to see it for myself: the pasta, toilet paper and paracetamol-emptied shelves. 





Yet, fresh produce, meat, fish, cold meats, cheese etc were to be found in abundance. You will, I hope, understand that I had no alternative: I had to compromise and have lobster instead of spaghetti for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Ich sehe, Du bleibst auch in widrigsten Umständen Epikuräer! Gut so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ich genieße auch Ihre kleinen genauen Beobachtungen im Alltag. Sie haben natürlich mein Mitgefühl, dass Sie auf Spaghetti zum Abendessen verzichten und stattdessen mit Hummer vorliebnehmen mussten …!

    ReplyDelete