Wednesday 4 May 2011

My Cleaner and Brunelleschi


A couple of days ago, on hearing that I was in a hurry for a history of art lesson, the 60 plus year old Italian Signora who cleans “my” apartment wanted to know where my lesson would take place. San Lorenzo, I said and the cleaner immediately instructed me to make sure not to miss the pietra dura and not to forget to also visit the crypt. She continued with more details and promised me that I would enjoy this beautiful church.

She was right. Angela, my art history teacher, was not surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Valentina Zimmer5 May 2011 at 09:39

    This reminds me of when I was in Venice as a young woman and needed to have my dress dry cleaned. I mistakenly went around asking for a "Tintoretto" - of which I was told there are many- as opposed to a "tintoria" - which was a bit harder to find!

    ReplyDelete