Tuesday 24 August 2021

Back in London

I have finally made it back to London - Despite being fully vaccinated and coming from what the UK defines as a “green” country, I had to undergo a Covid Test before flying out and book (and pay!) for a further test, to be taken on the second day after my arrival in the UK. BUT no quarantine!

 

BA in Munich asked for proof of vaccination. I don’t know whether big brother is meanwhile so high-tech that Heathrow know all about arriving passengers or whether immigration authorities are simply inefficient? However, at Heathrow nobody wanted to see any proof of my Corona status.

 

Not so highly developed is the BA Terminal 5 at Heathrow. With passenger numbers still on the floor, compared to pre-Corona volumes, I would have expected a very fast turnaround. Not so. Our luggage arrived almost 1½ hours after we landed. I spent almost the same amount of time flying to London, as I did waiting for the luggage. Only a few luggage belts were in use. Most were empty. Our luggage belt served three(!) additional flights at the same time, including one from a Corona “red” country. The area was crowded.  

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment