Friday 2 April 2021

Breaking News: a 75-year-old gets his first shot

95 days after I could have had my Corona jab in Israel, 75 days after I would have been offered one in California, 65 days after I was offered one in London – Frankfurt today had finally given me my first vaccination.  

 

Having already completed a registration form on-line, I was sent some more forms to read and sign and bring with me to the vaccination centre. Here, I had to go through seven stations, each verified and re-verified my QR code, I was asked to confirm the responses I had given in my completed forms, I was asked to confirm that I indeed waived my right to a consultation with a doctor, and... I was given the jab. At the last station, at an hourly rate of €130, a medical doctor signed my vaccination certificate.

 

Post-colonial thinking has long ago taught us not to buy the idea that Europe has a more developed civilisation than other continents. Our vaccination programme is but further proof.


1 comment:

  1. The coorporates that are responsible to provide health services in israel are not always good. But the corvid vaccine project went exceptionaly good.

    ReplyDelete